I feel like it’s time for a new look around here. I love my current logo (created by Liz Wong), but I think it’s just time for a makeover. I also thought it would be really fun to have a Logo Design Competition!
So, how about it? Are you an artist or graphic designer? Enter your design for my new logo and you could win some fabulous prizes. There will be 3 winners: 1st place, runner-up & honorable mention.
Details for entry:
- Open to artists & graphic designers who want the bragging rights of having created the Indie Fixx logo (as well as winning some sweet prizes).
- Entrants must submit 2 files—3646 X 729 in 300 dpi & 875 X 175 in 72 dpi.
- Accepted file formats include: tiff, psd, pdf, jpg.
- The Indie Fixx colors are: Orange (EB9315) & Blue (1093B4) & should be incorporated in some way.
- Entries can be emailed HERE.
- Entries should also include a brief bio as well as links to your website.
- Your entry will be used as the header image on this page as well used to create banner ads, business cards, letterhead, bookmarks and more.
Beside bragging right, the creators of my top 3 designs will win the following.
- 1st place – 6 months of advertising on Indie Fixx (150×200 BTF banner ad) + $150. Value=$450
- Runner-up – 3 months of advertising on Indie Fixx (150×200 BTF banner ad) + $50. Value=$200
- Honorable Mention – 2 months of advertising on Indie Fixx (150×200 BTF banner ad). Value=$100
What am I looking for:
I tend to gravitate to designs that are cute, fun & whimsical. Some may even describe me as a little ‘twee’. I am open to something totally new though. I will answer any questions you may have about the design creation and all entrants are welcome to email me.
The Official Rules are after the jump.
- Only entries that conform to the entry standards will be considered.
- I will be the final judge, although I may elicit some input from my readers.
- By submitting an entry, the entrant will confer all usage rights to me (Jen Wallace of Indie Fixx), but may retain the right to use the image in their portfolio for promotional purposes.
- I may use all 3 winning logo designs at some point.
- Entries must be received by March 30, 2010 at 11:59 pm EST to be considered.
- I retain the right to not choose any winners (or choose less than 3) if there are no satisfactory entries or if there are not enough entries.
- Entrants should be willing to make minor changes to their design if they are chosen as a winner.
- Only submit entries for original work that you have created yourself.
- If you submit a design with text, do not submit proprietary fonts that you have purchased. Please use only freely distributed fonts.
- Additionally, please only submit designs with images you have created yourself or using images that are in the public domain.
- I retain the right to amend these rules at any point in case I have forgotten anything important.
- By submitting an entry, all entrants allow me to use that entry in posts about the competition.