With all the rich, fatty, calorie-filled, non-vegan food that is the norm for holiday meals, I decided to take salads everywhere I went. My salad of choice was Vegan Waldorf Salad, because I like it, it’s easy to make and it is kid-friendly.
Here is how I make mine.
Vegan Waldorf Salad
Grapes, sliced in half
Toasted walnuts or pecan, chopped
Apple cider vinegar
- Toss sliced apples in lemon juice to keep them from browning.
- Soak raisins in water for about 20 minutes. Drain.
- Add the vegan mayo, apple cider vinegar and lemon juice to a small bowl. Whisk until smooth. Add ingredients to taste. I started with a 1/2 cup of vegan mayo and a tablespoon each of lemon juice and vinegar. It was very tangy.
- Combine romaine, grapes, raisins, nuts and apples in a large salad bowl.
- Pour on the dressing and toss t cover the salad.