It’s been chilly here this week, so I decided to make a pot of Chunky Roasted Cauliflower Soup. Of course, now the temps are back up in the 50s. Oh well, good thing soup is a all weather favorite of mine!
Chunky Roasted Cauliflower Soup
1 very large head of cauliflower, chopped and broken into florets
3-4 shallots, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
3 tablespoons of oil
1 carrot, chopped
1 parsnip, chopped
1 stalk of celery, chopped
2 tablespoons of parsley
2 teaspoons of dried chervil
5 cups of vegetable stock
1/2 cups of cashews
1/4 cup of water
salt and pepper to taste
- Toss cauliflower, garlic, 2 tablespoons of olive oil and salt and pepper in a large casserole dish. Roast at 450 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Saute the carrot, parsnip, shallots & celery in 1 tablespoon of oil until softened. Add the parsley and chervil
- Add the vegetable stock and the roasted cauliflower once it’s done in the oven.
- Cook until the cauliflower is soft.
- Meanwhile using food processor chop the cashews until finely chopped. Add the water to make a paste, not unlike runny peanut butter, then add this mixture to the cauliflower soup.
- Puree half the soup in a blender and pour back into the pot. Add more vegetable stock if needed. Also, salt and pepper to taste. Please, be careful when blending hot soup.