I am on the search for a virtual intern for Fall 2011. The deadline to apply is September 15th.
Responsibilities will include:
- Conducting research for stories on Indie Fixx and for Joie mag.
- Assisting in the coordination of a variety of projects—which will mostly involve contacting artists, scheduling & organizing details. Examples include: Feed Your Soul Project, Indie Artist Fixx interviews.
- Responding to email!
- Writing assignment–both assigned and those based on your own interests–for Indie Fixx and Joie.
- Layout & design work for Joie mag.
- Writing experience – your own blog, school projects, etc…
- Photo editing software experience & access to – Gimp, Photoshop, Picnik, Picasa or similar.
- Adobe Indesign experience & graphic design experience (optional).
- Photography experience (optional)
All majors accepted, but the candidate should have an interest in the types of things that are featured on Indie Fixx. Workload will be about 6-8 hours a week and there is absolutely no pay, but the glory, oh the glory…If you are interested, email me at email@example.com with a brief note about why you are interested in being my intern and attach your resume & applicable samples of work as well. Please feel free to pass this on to anyone who may be interested. Ideally, the start date will be Sept 5th (if possible, even before that).
For a student, I’d be happy to write a letter of recommendation after a successful internship. I’d also be happy to promote projects that the intern may be working on personally.
Please note – this is a virtual internship, so your location does not matter, but you must be super self-motivated & able to work well on your own.