I decided to try my hand at making a cocktail for my Summer Cocktail Series and what I came up with is my take on the Paloma. The Paloma is a popular Mexican drink usually made with tequila and grapefruit soda. I often make it using Izze Sparkling Grapefruit Juice, but this time I made it a little differently and added a twist…some muddled basil. Yum!
Basil & Pink Grapefruit Paloma
1 basil leaf
2 ounces of blanco tequila
3 ounces of pink grapefruit juice (fresh or bottled, just make sure to use 100% juice)
3 ounces of sparkling lime water (I used Trader Joe’s)
salt to rim the glass (optional)
- Rim a tall glass with salt if you like.
- Muddle one basil leaf in the bottom of the glass.
- Add ice
- Pour in the tequila and add a squirt of lime juice.
- Top off with the grapefruit juice and then the sparkling lime water.
- Garnish with a lime wedge.
It’s pretty good without the tequila if you want to have a refreshing citrusy non-alcoholic drink as well. Enjoy!