I’ve been having one of those weeks. You know the ones…where nothing seems to go your way, you second guess everything you do and you just want to hide under the covers instead of facing another day in a bad mood? So, I decided to work on my bad mood last night. I made this soup for dinner and then, since it’s so healthy, I made these brownies.
I call them Death by Brownies and I did make some changes to the recipe.
1. I didn’t fool around with the foil. I just sprayed a non-stick pan with some olive oil spray.
2. I tripled the amount of vanilla extract.
3. I used white whole wheat flour.
4. I used a mix of white unbleached sugar and brown sugar. I am low on sugar, but have tons of brown sugar.
5. I also threw in a cupful of dark chocolate chips. Like I said, I call them Death by Brownies.
6. I also doubled the recipe!
They did much to improve my mood. So, did the glass of Chilean wine I had along with them. The rest of the mood improvement is totally up to me, I know.
Do you need to see a close-up?