I am on the search for 2 virtual interns for Winter/Spring 2011.
Responsibilities will include:
- Conducting research for stories on Indie Fixx and for Joie mag.
- Assisting in the coordinate a variety of projects—which will mostly involve contacting artists, scheduling & organizing details.
- Responding to email!
- Writing assignments…both assigned and those based on your own interests.
- Layout & design work for Joie mag.
- Writing experience – your own blog, school projects, etc…
- Photo editing software experience & access to – Gimp, Photoshop, Picnik, Picasa or similar.
- Adobe Indesign experience & graphic design experience (optional).
Workload will be about 6-8 hours a week and there is absolutely no pay, but the glory, oh the glory…If you are interested, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief note about why you are interested in being my intern and attach your resume as well. Please feel free to pass this on to anyone who may be interested. The start date will be January 15th and the end date will be May 15th.
For a student, I’d be happy to write a letter of recommendation after a successful internship. I’d also be happy to promote projects that the intern may be working on personally.
Please note that this is a virtual internship, so your location does not matter, but you must be super self-motivated & able to work on your own well.