Hello, my dear readers. I am back from my holiday break! Did you miss me? I missed you terribly, but I must admit it was very nice to have a break and even better to not be in front of the computer! In fact, that’s one of my new year’s goals for myself–to take more computer-free breaks for myself. More on resolutions later.
In the spirit of the new year, I composed a haiku:
With stars in her eyes
she arose each morn ready
to begin anew.
I also made a star garland (from popsicle sticks and glitter paint, no less) that hangs above my bed to remind me to begin each day refreshed and ready to take on the world. Leaving my cares & worries behind to trouble themselves, so that I can focus on making each day count. That’s actually another one of my resolutions.
I guess I should just come out and list my resolutions for you:
- Create more time for myself away from electronic devices and technology.
- Make each day count and stop worrying about things I can’t change or things from the past. Be in the present more!
- Strive to be less catty and judgmental.
- Don’t compare myself to others. My worth cannot be defined in relation to others’ worth and vice versa.
- Stretch and breath and walk and run more.
- Spend more time with family & friends. Time goes by so quickly!
- Remember my vow to never again give my life away.
How about you? Do you have any new year’s resolutions that you would like to share?
P.S. For those who are wondering, the art above my bed is by Kate Dolamore.