In first issue of Joie, Amanda Cook from Vintage Savoir Faire shares an article about DIY Beauty with tips and tricks for detoxing your beauty regime, and she knows a thing or tow about the subject. Amanda has had an interest in making her own bath & beauty goods for some time, but is now undertaking a year long beauty detox & sharing it on her blog. She started by chucking all her store bought beauty products and is experimenting with ones she makes herself from natural ingredients….much of it is stuff she can pull from her kitchen cupboards. Amanda actually shares a recipe for a Mint & Coconut Sugar Scrub in Joie. Amanda’s article starts on page 50 and you can read it below.
As someone who attempts to reduce my family’s exposure to yucky chemicals, I will be trying it out for sure. Here are some other homemade bath & body recipes and tutorials you may be interested in.
- Summer Soap Making from Rhythm of the Home
- Lemon Honey Body Scrub from Craftbits
- Homemade Face Masks from ModLife
- Homemade Deodorant from How About Orange
- Rosemary Walnut Shampoo and Vinegar Rinse from Natural Beauty Workshop
- Mondo Bath Bombs from Soap Queen
- Gentle Facial Exfoliant from Craft Gossip
- Homemade Hydrating Body Oil from Spa Magazine