I love Amy Ng’s Pikaland blog, which is all all about art & illustration. I love to check out the fun art posts that she comes up with and I’m so happy that she is sharing with you all today while I am still on vacation. – jen
By guest contributor Amy Ng
I love tea towels. They’re a handy size and I can carry them anywhere (break a sweat? No problem!) I do love how art can transform something simple into an object of beauty, and since I’m obsessed about having illustrations around me (have you seen what I do with my time?) here’s five designer’s take on the humble tea towel for Indie Fixx readers!
1. Kauniste hand printed towels — My favourite it the Maatila towel designed by Matti Pikkujamsa.
2. Claudia Pearson’s summer tea towels (with a message in there too!).
3. Mogu Takahashi’s creatures on a tea towel.
4. Skinny Laminx’s Herds Tea Towel in grey. The print is sure to make any kitchen look classy!
5. And who doesn’t love a story on a tea towel? Trivia’s Pursuit from Third Drawer Down.
About the contributor: Amy Ng is an art & illustration blogger who is fixated on wares that are designed & illustrated by contemporary creatives. She documents her finds on her happy, cheery blog Pikaland where she organizes fun projects in between too!