1. How would you describe your designing style?
natural, simple, handmade
2. Tell us about your home. Is it an apartment or house. Is it newer or a refurbished older home? Did you completely redo it or just add some new paint?
We live in a tiny brick house by the beach. My husband’s grandfather built it. Before I moved in the wall between the kitchen and living room was taken out. We have painted several times but no other major renovations have been done. I really want to redo the kitchen next though!
3. Pick a few of your treasures and share what’s the special about them to you.
Oh boy. I have quite a few treasures! I love my loyal loot log bowls- I think they are the perfect combination of woodsy and refined. I also have a set of custom stuffed dog sculptures made by Sian Keegan that make me smile every time I see them.
4. What was your favorite project in decorating and designing your house? What would you do differently?
When I moved in the walls were yellow and dark brown and there was a leopard print rug and a futon. My favorite project was just minimizing and adding lots of natural and vintage touches to the house.
5. What’s your favorite room and why?
I love the wooden table in the dining room. This spot gets the most light in the house and is nice and warm in the afternoon sun. I take many photos on this table with the white brick wall backdrop.
6. Any current or upcoming home projects?
Nothing in the works- the kitchen is in bad need of an upgrade so that will probably be next. But I have a fantasy of moving to a farmhouse in Vermont so we may be saving up for that.
7. Who are your furry friends?
Pee Wee is the big baby- a three year old cattle-pointer, and Bernie is the little guy- a four year old corgi-cattledog. They have similar markings so everyone always thinks they are related. They follow me around the house so they make it into a lot of photos.
8. Tell us about your studio? Is it separate from your home?
The studio space used to be in the hallway (now this area is Matt’s drumming/computer/video game workshop). I moved into a separate studio (…garage) in March with my Studio Choo partner, Alethea. The studio was also built by my fiance’s grandfather and is pretty raw. It took about a month to clean out the space (we’re still working on it!). We love to display flowers and supplies on the wooden supports and shelves.