Winter Fever!

img_4438.JPG

Here are some things that I am tired of: looking at snow, being cold, slipping on ice, high heating bills, dreary days, looking at snow,  getting the car stuck in snow, not being able to park because of snow & looking at snow! I’m going stir crazy and I am so ready for spring & warm weather and bright sunny days without snow. To keep myself from really going crazy, I am doing things to combat my winter fever until spring comes—buying myself pretty tulips, looking at spring accessories and planning a trip to Longwood Gardens and/or the Philadelphia Flower Show.

What about you? How are combating those winter blues?

10 thoughts on “Winter Fever!

• February 19, 2010 at 9:12 am

I completely agree! I’m just praying for spring to come. I just bought myself a dozen roses that were on clearnace from Valentines Day! $4.99 for a dozen beautidul red roses to brighten up my home and my day. I just don’t buy enough flowers….

• February 18, 2010 at 9:08 am

OH I need to go buy some tulips! Those are so lovely. We are drinking lots of coffee and I’ve been crocheting, knitting, and stenciling t-shirts!

• February 18, 2010 at 8:55 am

Oh I am with you 100%. A local florist had a post-Valentines day sale on so I loaded up on cut flowers. And I’m planning a trip to Logee’s – http://logees.com/ – it’s like a jungle inside a Victorian era greenhouse – delightful!

I desperately want to go to Longwood Gardens next time I take a trip to Philly.

• February 17, 2010 at 9:42 pm

I painted my bedroom yellow. And I do lots of yoga.

• February 17, 2010 at 8:14 pm

I don’t want to gloat, but we had our first, glorious spring day here today. Though it started out with can’t-see-across-the-street fog. But before today, I have been spending extra time crafting. My biggest accomplishment was making a DIY lightbox

• February 17, 2010 at 7:43 pm

Oooh I love those tulips . . . their my husbands favorite flower. I’m with you, I’m so fed up of all this snow and am so ready for spring. Today I made it up my very steep and icy road and headed to the mall for the first time in ages. It helped blow off the cabin fever a little. :0)

• February 17, 2010 at 5:31 pm

The tulips are gorgeous (also happen to be one of my favorite flowers)!!

I really think your idea of a floral bouquet is something I need to do as well. The bright colors alone lift my spirits.

• February 17, 2010 at 1:13 pm

Love that bright yellow! I am tired all all things snow, too. I’ve discovered that oranges are a wonderful antidote… so cheerful to look at, smell, and taste. Whoever decided citrus season should be in the winter was brilliant. 😉