When life gives you another foot and a half of snow, stay inside, make cookies and curl up with some magazines and a cup of tea!
Dark Chocolate, Pecan & Extra ‘Nilla Cookies
2 cups of butter, room temperature
3/4 cup of brown sugar
1/2 cup or sugar
2 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups of white whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup of chopped pecans, freshly chopped are best
1 cup of dark chocolate chips, the darker the better in my opinion
- Cream butter, sugars & vanilla together. Add eggs.
- Mix in flour, baking soda and salt until thoroughly blended, but be careful to over mix. It will make the cookies tough.
- Stir in the chopped pecans and the chocolate chips.
- Roll the dough into 1 1/2 inch balls and place on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake on 350 degrees for about 10 – 12 minutes or until golden brown. Make sure not to overcook. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool.
- Eat and enjoy!