Mr. Indie Fixx is a cookie monster. He’s a very cute one, but he is a monster nonetheless. He can eat my cookies up about as fast as I make them and his latest favorite are the Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Blueberry cookies I’ve been making. I mentioned that I was making them and someone on Twitter (Juliet) asked for the recipe, so here it is. One note: I use a minimum amount of sugar in this recipe since we prefer less sweet cookies. You can adjust if you generally like your sweets sweeter.
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Blueberry Cookies for Mr. Indie Fixx
2 sticks of butter, room temperature
3/4 cup dark brown sugar
1/4 cup of sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 1/2 cups of white whole wheat flour, a lighter whole wheat better for baking imo
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3 cups of whole oats, not the quick kind
1 cup of chocolate chips, I prefer dark chocolate
1 cup of dried blueberries
- With a mixer, cream the sugars, vanilla & butter together.
- Add the eggs one at a time.
- By hand, add the flour and cinnamon and mix until both are incorporated.
- Add the oats one cup at a time. It will get difficult to stir and you may think you’ve added too much oats, but you haven’t. Just keep mixing ’em in.
- Finally, add the chocolate chips and blueberries.
- Drop by rounded teaspoons onto your baking sheets. I make mine rather small, since I’ve found everyone takes 2 cookies no matter the size, so smaller is better. 😉
- Bake for 10 minutes on 350 degrees.