Molly from Charlotte’s Fancy came up with a list for 10 Things featuring ten things that she just can’t resist…a few of my can’t resist things made it to her list. 😉 If you have your own idea for a great 10 Things list and want to put one together, send me an email.
Top Ten Things That I (and Maybe You) Can Never Resist – by Molly
Letterpress notecard from Sweet Beets
1.Letterpress notecards – Etsy is an amazing place to find letterpress cards. Some of my favorites are Sweet Beets, Tara Hogan (Ink + Wit), and Dutch Door Press. My three all-time favorite letterpress designers are Hello! Lucky, Snow & Graham and Egg Press. Receiving a beautiful, letterpress card in the mail is as good as receiving a gift.
2. Soap in pretty packages – I rarely leave Anthropologie without some ridiculously expensive (but beautifully wrapped!) soap.
3. Rick Rack – Rick rack just makes everything cuter, like these cloth napkins by Chez Beeper Bebe.
4. Cupcakes – I’ve never met a lemon cupcake that I didn’t love. Or vanilla. Or chocolate. Or red velvet. Or strawberry. Or – well, you get the point.
Rainy Day print from Cosas Minimas
5. Small art prints – Again, Etsy is an incredible source for beautiful, affordable art. I adore Cosas Minimas and Three Sisters Ink, and I recently bought Cindy Tomczyk’s “Girl and Guitar” print at the Renegade Craft Fair in Brooklyn.
6. Desk calendars – My ironclad rule: I’m not allowed to look at the next month, until it’s actually time to change the calendar to the next month. It’s nicer to have 12 surprises throughout the year. This year, I bought Snow and Graham’s desk calendar, but I really loved the calendar by ilee (who also makes beautiful letterpress cards on Etsy).
7. Big jars of colorful candy – Besides being attracted to really pretty, bright colors, I have a wicked sweet tooth (see “Cupcakes” above, if you don’t believe me), and I just want to dive in headfirst whenever I see a beautiful candy jar, like these ones from Amy Atlas.
Doily wrapped packages from Martha Stewart
9. Wrapping presents with thick, bold wrapping paper and a cloth ribbon – Martha Stewart is the queen of all wrapping.
10. Hanging globes/lanterns – Romantic, breezy, dreamy. Right? Like these pretty papercut lanterns from Hannahnunn.