I own a few Elizabeth Rosas jewelry pieces and they are some of my favorites from my collection…the sort of everyday elegant pieces that I just love. Recently, I sat down with Elizabeth for a little interview about her work and life for the Wednesday Indie Artist Fixx interview series.
1. What’s the name of your business, what do create and sell and how did you get your start?
Hi there, my name is Elizabeth of erosasjewelry. I make jewelry, I began studying silversmithing in San Miguel de Allende Mexico with Billy King in 2002. It was such an inspirational place to create.
2. Share some of your inspirations.
I really get inspired when I have a lot of time to be alone in my studio. It takes a lot of fiddling before I can come up with something and fiddling takes concentration. I also get inspired by fog or rain.
3. What do you like to listen to while you create?
I like to listen to pretty much anything but lately I have been listening to a lot of Motown oldies.
4. What would be the perfect day to you?
I wake up slowly (no alarm clock), have my coffee in the garden and then stroll to the garage (my studio)and whip up something pretty. Then I go for a bike ride or a walk in Golden Gate Park.
5. What blogs and mags do you read and what shops do you shop at?
I used to work for The New Yorker magazine, so that magazine is like religion to me. I read a lot of blogs my current favorite is A Little Cup of Mexican Hot Chocolate. I love her sense of humor (it reminds me of my time in Mexico) while she shares some amazing Mexican food recipes.
6. What have you recently been reading, watching and listening to?
I rented the whole season 1 of True Blood and watched it in 2 nights-that was fun. I read The House by the Sea by May Sarton, which I loved.
7. What’s new? Any products or projects you’d like to share?
I just bought a Delft clay casting kit and I am doing a lot of that for the fall. I am also adding some new chain style pieces.