Today’s Wednesday Indie Artist Fixx interview is with Yael Frankel. I am a big fan of Yael’s sweetly adorable laminated jewelry pieces and her digital art prints, as I am share you are too! You can see her work in her Etsy Shop, on flickr and on her blog.
Btw, Yael will be contributing to Feed Your Soul: the free art project later this year! I sure can’t wait, how about you?
1. What’s the name of your business, what do create and sell and how did you get your start?
Tiny Art by Yaelfran. I create paper jewelry, prints, and other fun things, most recently t-shirts. I started creating a long, long time ago, when I was a child.
2. What’s better…all the money you could want or all the free time you need?
Haha! For me? The two!!!
3. Were you an artsy craftsy kid?
Yes, I was!! I spent all my free time, trimming papers, drawing and making masks.
4. What three things can’t you live without?
My family, my computer, my papers.
5. What blogs and mags do you read and what shops do you shop at?
6. What does indie mean to you? You can give a literal definition, choose to be a little esoteric or a combination of both. 😉
Free to create, imaginative, original, quality, compromise, funny.
7. What are you reading, watching and listening to?
I just read several books, the last one was: Golden Fish. The last movie I watched was Danny, a lucky guy. I listen to so much music: Silvio Rodriguez, Pablo Milanes, Serrat, Sanz, Madelaine Peyroux, Amos Lee.