1. Your favorite holiday tradition.
Every year we decorate a gingerbread house and while it is messy + we never eat it, I love doing it.
2. A favorite cookie recipe?
Magic Cookie Bars
1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1 (14 ounce) can Sweetened Condensed Milk
2 cups semisweet chocolate morsels
1 1/3 cups flaked coconut
1 cup chopped nuts
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F (325 degrees for glass dish). Coat 13×9-inch baking pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- Combine graham cracker crumbs and butter. Press into bottom of prepared pan. Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over crumb mixture. Layer evenly with chocolate chips, coconut and nuts. Press down firmly with a fork.
- Bake 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool. Cut into bars or diamonds. Store covered at room temperature.
3. Share a story behind a special ornament on your tree.
On the top of our tree instead of a star we have a Queen Of Hearts tree topper. My husband and I are big fans of Alice In Wonderland and so when we got our first tree together it seemed only natural that something related to Alice would reside on top.
4. All you want from Santa is….?
For everyone to love their gifts from me!! I didn’t really have any major gift wants this year but I love love love coming up with gift ideas for other people, so I really hope everyone enjoys them.
5. Your favorite Christmas movie and why?
Emmet Otter’s Jugband Christmas because it always makes me tear up, good nostalgic memories…and Jim Henson!
6. Are you dong anything special for the holidays this year?
My parent’s and youngest sister have all moved out of state within the last year. We used to do a big Christmas Eve at my mom’s house each year (this is the first year that my side of the family is not all together) Since this year it just leaves my older sister her family and mine for Christmas Eve we have a big night planned for my house, an all day event. We plan to try and make up for the missing family by celebrating all day long.
7. What’s the best toy you ever got when you were a kid.
I can’t even remember…maybe some fisher price little people? I always liked art kits too do those count? Nothing impressed me more then a new box of crayons!
8. Why is Christmas special to you?
I love the time we spend on our friends and family. I love baking for everyone, and trying to plan out the gifts. I love that we have all these mini celebrations with different sides of families, our own family, and then friends. Oh and I love all the crazy decorating and lights, just LOVE it!!