Michelle Engel Bencsko has written a couple other posts for the Indie Fixx Guest Blog… here & here…and now she’s back with another great post with some holiday ornament suggestions. I will be posting my own pixx at a later date, but for now, please do enjoy Michelle’s. Also, be sure to visit her shop Cicada Studio for some fabulous holiday gift ideas, I’ve already picked up a couple of things myself.
As I look through Etsy for ornaments for the season, I can’t help but envision a most magical Christmas. Nothing says “festive” like a handmade approach to the holidays. Trees and branches, windows and mantles all look brighter and more cheery with someone’s creative handiwork. This year, for me, there will be no trip to the mega-store for an extra set of generic glass balls, which I could get at slashed prices, amid laughing mechanical Santas, plastic snow and mass-produced licensed characters donning red suits. I’m opting for the human touch and materials like metal, fiber and earth. Joy, joy, joy!
1. Cuore– Felt Stewart the Owls
2. MeganAumanHome– Steel Flower
3. LittleLoveBlue– Felted Acorns and Leaves
4. Ooshkapah– Felt Peace Dove
5. PalomasNest – Ceramic Christmas Nest
6. Summerville– Fabric Stars
7. EricaWalker-Sterling Silver Star
8. ShoshanaSnow– Porcelain Snowflake
9. LeanneGraeff– Paper Glass Ornaments
10. MadeInLowell– Felt Cupcake
11. KimWestad– Whirl Ornament
12. Picciolo– Felt Soft Stars