I wanted to share this project for decorating those boring old binder clips with fabric for this week’s Tutorial Tuesday. I like this idea for a way to add some personality to your office supplies and think this is relatively cheap & easy alternative for anyone who needs to do paper press kits, product catalogs, etc…
1. I tried three options: fabric pieces with iron-on interfacing applied, fabric with HeatnBond applied (not that I was going to iron it to the metal, but it makes your fabric sort of papery when you’ve pulled off the backing), and just plain fabric.
2. Trimmed the pieces carefully to size.
3. Removed the wire handles of the clips (very easy).
4. Applied spray adhesive to the back of the fabric pieces and stuck them to the surfaces.
5. Reattached the wire handles.
6. Painted on two coats of gel medium (thinned with a little water) to seal the fabric on.
7. Read More