Here’s a great tutorial for Tutorial Tuesday for making a Moleskine Cover from Michelle at Keyka Lou. Featured on Indie Fixx before, Keyka Lou offers clutches, wallets, checkbook covers, passport pouches and other accessories in the most gorgeous fabrics. I drool over them every time I visit the shop.
Plus, don’t forget to join the Tutorial Tuesday flickr group and make sure to add your Tutorial Tuesday project images to the pool for a chance to win a copy of Kyuuto! Japanese Crafts: Lacy Crochet published by Chronicle Books. One winner will be chosen from the pool and the contest ends March 12th. Read about how to add an image to the flickr group here.
1) Cut pieces (grain of fabric should run parallel to the short end of your pattern)
1 main body in outer fabric
1 main body in lining fabric
1 interfacing for main body (optional but gives the cover more substance – sew-in or fusible
1 flap in outer fabric
1 flap in lining fabric
1 flap in interfacing
Velcro strip about 1.5″ long
2) Center one Velcro piece on the outside of the flap lining about 1/2″ from the top. Sew in place.
3) Place flap pieces with the face sides together and pin. Leave an opening to turn. Sew around flap.
4) Place main body pieces with the face sides together and pin. Leave an opening to turn. Sew around main body.
5) Trim corners and clip curves of flap.